Bar-rio Window

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Foreclosures


looking through my email the other day, i noticed Laura Sanchez and the offices of Gloria Molina had sent me an invitation. I was being invited to attend a workshop today, saturday, on foreclosures as well as on the consolidation of debt. In a hurry this morning, I grabbed my cup of coffee and headed out the door expecting to learn a thing or two about current real estate trends and maybe take a photo with gloria or laura.

I drove myself an entire two blocks (just to conserve gas) and pulled into an already packed parking lot with traffic personnel and everything. the line to register for the foreclosure workshop was long; it moved rather quickly and i found myself sitting in a packed auditorium (at a middle school),alongside many people who were on the brink of losing their homes. It was clear to me that I was not going to benefit much from the two hour session, since i am,thankfully, not losing my home.

But the sheer number of people who are, is frightning. And as anyone who owns a home knows, it doesn't take much to lose it. one or two late payments, and the banks call non-stop. And even if you make up for late payments, your credit takes hard hits.

when will all these folks see the light at the end of the tunnel? who knows. all we can do is hold on cuz the bumpy ride is far from over.
posted by rosie at 12:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home